All abstracts MUST be submitted in the presenting author’s name. Any abstract without an assigned presenter may not be considered for review.
Please create ONE account only.
All Free Paper, Poster and Video submissions must be made online by the deadline, 30th April 2023.
Each author may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts in any one category (Free Papers, Posters, Videos).
You must ensure to indicate what type of abstract you are submitting.
Once you have submitted your abstract you will be sent an automated confirmation email.
Submitters can edit their abstracts up to the deadline by logging back into the Call for Papers section online.
All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Executive Bureau. The Bureau reserves the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as an oral presentation or a poster. The decision of the Bureau is final.
If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it. The presenter must be a registered delegate at the subspecialty day and pay all applicable fees.
Failure to present without prior notice may influence future acceptance of presentations.
All abstracts selected will be posted online at www.wspos.org. The abstract will appear exactly as submitted.
• Purpose (max 100 words)
• Setting/Venue (max 50 words)
• Methods (max 100 words)
• Results (max 100 words)
• Conclusions (max 100 words)
• Financial Disclosure
– The summary of results presented must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions.
– The Bureau will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
– References and credits cannot be included as part of an abstract.
– Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
– When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s the first time it appears in the text.
– The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
– Indicate whether the presenting author or any co-author has a financial interest in the subject matter or receives money from any mentioned company.
Free Papers & Poster Presentations will be considered on the following themes:
• Anterior Segment / External Disease
• Amblyopia & Vision Screening / Testing
• Low vision / Vision Rehabilitation
• Neuro – Ophthalmology
• Orbit and Lids
• Retina / Uveitis
• Strabismus / Nystagmus
• Surgical Techniques
Electronic Poster Presentations
Authors must present their Poster as a maximum of 8 Powerpoint slides. On acceptance of a Poster Abstract for presentation, the author will be fully informed of the process for the submission and display of their presentation.
Video submissions must be a maximum of 3 minutes long and demonstrate a surgical technique or show clinical signs.
Please note that after the submission deadline we will send you a specific link to submit your video.
Videos must be in English.
If you choose to submit an abstract, we will use your personal details to keep you updated on its status including whether it has been accepted for presentation at the Subspecialty Day and will be sent to a third-party Audio-Visual Company in order for them to contact you in relation to uploading your presentation.